Wednesday, November 7, 2012

For as long as I can remember, nothing has more consistently brought a smile to my face than the sight of a handwritten letter with my name on it hidden amongst everything else delivered in the mail.  Whether it was when I was a little girl running up the driveway to the mailbox to collect the letters for my parents or coming home to my apartment after a long day of work, the sight of handwritten letter always makes you smile.

From formal letters to short little notes, there are a million reasons to write...thank you notes, love letters, condolence letters, letters of introduction, birthday notes, and so on.  And, I cannot tell you how many times I have received a call saying - "I have to write a thank you note, but I don't know what to say.  Can you help me?"

So, I have created this blog to help showcase all of my favorite letters and notes that I have received, and hopefully get copies of yours that we can share with everyone out there!

I am going to start gathering my notes, and will be back with another post shortly.   You can gather yours too, take a picture or them and email them to me  lbj179@gmail.com.  (Feel free to black out any names that you don't want people to see).

No comments:

Post a Comment